Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Replacement for SecureCRT

When I converted over to Linux, I was a heavy user of SecureCRT.  Not so much for the scripting capabilities but for the manner in which it stores the many connections.  I stumbled onto a cool app (SSHMenu)  This has the ability to keep your SSH Connection in order.  One drawback I am still looking at is the sorting order, cannot seem to make it sort in alphabetical order.

This is what it looks like off of the launcher.  I have pixalized the names to protect the innocent. 

With some modifications, you can also add the ability to do Telnet as well as SSH.  I work a lot with Cisco and sometimes you "need" telnet. 

Configuration files are stored in a file under your /home directory.  The file name is .sshmenu

I guess I could sort it all there, but have been truly lazy to do so.  Unfortunetly, I have been unable to export the SecureCRT contents to SSMenu or anything else I have found.


 
To install it:  'yum install gnome-applet-sshmenu' from SU

No comments:

Post a Comment